A few characteristics of THE NEW MAN.
- Willingness to give up all forms of having, in order to fully be.
- Security, sense of identity, and confidence based on faith in what one is, on one's need for relatedness, interest, love, solidarity with the world around one, instead of on one's desire to have, to possess, to control the world, and thus become the slave of one's possessions.
- Being fully present where one is
- Knowing that to reach this goal, discipline and respect for reality are necessary.
- Sensing one's oneness with all life, hence giving up the aim of conquering nature, subduing it, exploiting it, raping it, destroying it, but trying, rather, to understand and cooperate with nature.
I'd like to see aking layout what it means to be The Basic Man.